Rainy season is on the way. Peeling and dry skin is a very common trouble that everyone suffers in the rainy season, but as of now weather changes so dramatically that arising of dry skin has become a common problem in summers too.
Now the time has come to welcome a strictly high beats of sun rays to get eventualize. Although the problem of having dry skin is the most common during winters but winter also comes with the blossoms of chilly winds and ice cold temperatures. But this lovely season is worst for people who have dry skin. The main reason that causes dry skin is a drastic change of seasons from summer to winter; your skin tends to dry during winter when a humidity level reduces from skin. The cold and dry air around you soaks moisture from outer layer of your skin and tends to dry.
But you don’t have to worry; this article is bringing you up the list of Home remedies for dry skin that will surely help you out in bringing back your soft skin.
Deficiency of moisture in the skin loses the flexibility of skin and it becomes cracked, flaky and sometimes prickling. Dry skin is very sensitive and very sentient to damage, that’s why it needs special attention and care. Obviously everyone first stands out for the moisturizers, deep conditioning and numerous softening creams in winter for their skins, but they are somehow expensive to buy. But have you ever tried some home remedies for dry skin that perfectly behave like a doctor’s advice.
Home Remedies For Dry Skin For All Skin Types
Honey –Honey is considered as a natural moisturizing agent with antimicrobial, antioxidant and humectants properties. Honey locks the skin with moisture and makes it extra soft and smooth. It consist essential vitamins which improves the health of skin.
- Before shower or taking bath, apply honey all over your body and leave it for about 10 - 15 minutes. Repeat this process daily for well moisturized skin.
- Take equal amount of honey, beeswax, and olive oil in a bowl and make a mixture. Apply this mixture all over the body and leave for 10 minutes before bath. Repeat this step for best results.
Olive Oil –Home remedies for dry skin includes Olive Oil as another ingredient that contains fatty acids and many antioxidants that are beneficial for the skin. It is a natural ingredient to treat dry and flaky skin.
- Before shower or taking bath, massage olive oil all over the body and apply light moisturizer (after bath).
- Take 2 tablespoons of olive oil; add four tablespoons of fine brown sugar and 1 tablespoon of honey in a bowl. Apply this scrub on your dry skin in circular motion for few minutes. Follow the step and you will note a nominal change in the skin appearance.
Yogurt -Yogurt has excellent antioxidant, anti – inflammatory and skin hydrating properties that helps in soothing dry and itchy skin. It also has lactic acid content that helps in getting rid of germs and bacteria that may cause dryness.
- Take fresh yogurt and gently massage on your body, leave it for 10 -15 minutes then take a shower. Yogurt removes your dry skin and makes it soft and smooth. Do this once a day.
- Another home remedy for dry skin using Yogurt is Mix 3 tablespoons of mashed papaya in a cup of yogurt, add a few drops of honey and lemon juice in it. Apply it on your skin and leave it for 10 minutes. Rinse it off with cold water.
- Another option that you can find easy is combine mashed banana with yogurt and use it as a face pack, it moisturizes your skin and removes the dead skin.
Almond Oil –Almond contains vitamin E and hence it is considered as the best lubricator for dry skin. It also has antioxidant properties and the almond oil is non- greasy so the skin easily absorbs it.
- Massage your body with warm almond oil, about half an hour before taking shower. After the shower apply light moisturizer.
- You can also add one tablespoon almond oil in a glass of warm milk; have a sip before going to bed. A mix of milk and almond oil gives you a healthy skin.
Aloe Vera -Aloe Vera has antiseptic and antifungal properties that can help to soothe dry and irritated skin. Aloe Vera moisturizes your skin and form a layer which protect your skin from impurities.
- Squeeze the gel from Aloe Vera gel from a leaf, apply it on dry skin. Rinse it off with warm water. Follow this process twice a day.
Avocado –Avocado consists of antioxidants, fatty acids and vitamins which improve the health of skin from inside. It also contains vitamin A which maintains and repairs your skin.
- Take a pulp from avocado and make a smooth paste, apply that paste on your body before taking a shower for 10 -15 minutes. Rinse it off with cold water. Follow this step regularly for best results.
- Mash ½ of a clotted avocado and mix with ½ cup honey. Apply this mixture to your dry skin for 15 minutes until it becomes dry. Rinse it off.
Milk –Home remedies for dry skin contains Milk as another ingredient contains anti – inflammatory and soothing properties to get rid of dry skin and the lactic acid present in milk releases dead skin cells and retains skin moisture.
- Take 4 tablespoons of milk; add few drops of rose water in it. Apply the solution to your body. Leave for 10 minutes; Rinse it off with cold water.
- Another option that can help you out is apply raw cold milk on your skin with the help of a cotton cloth. Wash off the milk by another cloth soaked in warm water.
Coconut Oil –Coconut oil is an excellent product to treat skin dryness. It contains a good amount of fatty acid that takes care of your skin and provides moisture.
- Apply warm coconut oil on your body before going to sleep. It helps in soothing your dry skin.
- You can also apply coconut oil after a shower; it is also helpful for your dry skin.
Few Things to RememberKeep The Skin Moisturized – During winter, your skin’s outer layer becomes dry, so it becomes important for you to take care of your skin and always apply moisturizing lotion after cleansing.
Skin Nourishment – If you have dry skin nourish your skin every night with anti – ageing cream and massage gently with water in upward direction.
Eat Fish – Home remedies for dry skin not only includes putting of oils and creams on your skin, but it also adds a diet food of fish, walnuts and other protein products. Eat some oily, cold – water fish twice a week because it contains omega -3 fatty acid which keeps your skin cells healthy.
Vitamins - Vitamins, nutrition and minerals support healthy skin. Everyday take 100miligram of a B - complex, 15 milligrams of beta – carotene and 15 milligrams of zinc.
Dry skin needs yielding buttery lubricants to make it smooth and soft as cotton. In the market there are numerous of products available that can turn your dry skin to perfectly soft, but you never know how much amount of chemicals and toxin products you are welcoming to enter your skin.
On the contrary home remedies for dry skin with natural agents and at low cost can give a number of benefits to your skin. So follow the above home remedies for dry skin and note a change in your skin how it becomes soft.