Fever is a natural reaction to illness or certain diseases. Many illnesses grow at normal body temperature, and a fever is a good sign that the immune system is moving toward the infection. In fact, a fever is a good indication as it means that the body is responding to struggle the infection, and in most of the cases it is part of a natural response that should be permitted to continue.
Suppressing a fever is not suggested, as the fever will kill the virus and bacteria. However, high fever may be harmful, especially for small kids. Natural cure for fever is better option to lessen a high fever.
Whenever the body’s temperature is elevated than the normal range, it is known to be a fever. Although we generally hear that 98.6 degrees F, or 37 degrees C, is measured as normal temperature, and this temperature applies generally to all, but normal body temperature is dissimilar for children than adults. A child’s normal body temperature is 99.5 degree F, or 37 degree C, more than this temperature a child has fever.
Some of the common symptoms related with fever including headache, sweating, dehydration, muscle ache, weakness, loss of appetite and slight shivering.
A fever is not a severe disease and generally will go away within few days. But, if a fever is getting uncomfortable, you can try these simple home remedies for fever to cool your body down and you may feel better.
Instant and Quick Home Remedies For Fever-
Cool WaterSoak a clean cloth in cold water, squeeze out the excess water and then damp the areas like your feet, hands, armpits, and groin feet to reduce the temperature.
- Also, you can place cold, wet washcloths on your forehead and on the back of your neck. That cloth piece should be changed repeatedly after a few minutes. This remedy is helpful when dealing with a high fever and want to keep temperature under control.
- Another option, you can also take a bath in tepid water to calm down your body. Taking a shower, may not be a good idea. Plus, take as much as rest, it can be helpful for your body to fight the illness.
- Always avoid chilled water because it increases your internal body temperature.
BasilBasil is a useful herb and as effective as many other types of antibiotics in the market for bringing down a fever. Its curative properties will help lessen your fever very quickly.
- Boil about 20 – 25 basil leaves together and add one teaspoon of ground ginger in one cup of water, until the water remained half. Before drinking this tea, adds little honey and take this tea 2-3 times a day for 3 days.
- Make a tea by adding a teaspoon of basil with ¼ teaspoon of pepper in cup of boiling water. Wait for five minutes, and then filterate the mixture for drinking the tea. Take it for 2 or 3 times daily until you get well completely
RaisinsRaisins facilitate the body to fight with infections and decrease the fever. They are fully loaded with phenolic phytonutrients, which are popularly known for its antioxidant and antibacterial properties. Also, raisins act as a tonic for your body when you are suffering from fever.
- Infuse 25 raisins in ½ cup of water for an hour until it becomes spongy. Mash the soaked raisins in the water and remove that liquid. Also add half a lime juice to the solution. Take this solution twice a day until your fever is gone.
GingerGinger helps the body drive out heat, which in turn helps lessen fever. In addition, ginger is a natural antibacterial and antiviral agent that helps the immune system to fight any kind of infection.
- Take two tablespoons of ginger powder in a bathtub full with warm water and mix it well. Sit in this water for 10 minutes and dry your body before going to bed. Cover yourself completely with a blanket. Soon you will start sweating and the temperature will come down.
- Boil cup of water and make a tea by adding 1½ teaspoon grated ginger and boil it for few minutes. Add honey to this tea and take it 3 or 4 times a day.
MintMint consists of cooling property which will help to keep the internal body cool and this in turn will decrease body temperature. It also helps take out excess heat from the body.
- Make tea by adding 1 tablespoon of crushed mint leaves into 1 cup of hot water. Allow its boiling for 10 minutes, filter it and also add some honey before drinking. Drink this relaxing tea 3 or 4 times a day for quick recovery.
- Take a handful of mint leaves in two cups of water and boil it along with 1 ½ teaspoon of each black pepper powder, long pepper powder and one teaspoon of ginger powder. Simmer it until the water gets reduced to half. Filtrate it, and separate the solution into three equal doses. Drink solution 3 times daily until you get well completely.
Tea: The Best RemedyDecoct a cup of yarrow tea. This herb releases your pores and causes sweating that is said to end a fever. Steep a spoon of herb in a cup of boiled water for 10 minutes. Let cool, then take one cup or two until you start sweating.
Another herb, elderflower, also helps you sweat. And it is also good for other problems connected with flu and colds such as overproduction of mucus. To prepare elderflower tea, add two spoons of the herb in a cup of boiled water and soak for 15 minutes. Move out the elderflower. Take this tea three times in a day as long as the fever persists.
Take a cup of hot ginger tea that also stimulates sweating. To prepare the tea, insert a half-spoon crushed ginger-root in 1 cup of boiled water. Filtrate and then drink.
Spice Can Help a FeverSprinkle cayenne pepper on your meal while you have a fever. One of its major elements is capsaicin, the alarmingly hot component that is found in hot peppers. Cayenne releases sweat and also stimulates quick blood circulation.
GarlicThe warm nature of garlic can lower a high fever by encouraging sweating. It also helps in eliminating harmful toxins from the body and quickens recovery. Garlic is also as antibacterial or antifungal agent that helps the body fight against infections and ward off disease also.
Finely grind one garlic clove and insert it to one cup of warm water. Soak for 10 minutes, filter and sip it slowly. Drink this two times in a day and you will feel better the next day.
Boil a mixture of two minced garlic cloves and two spoons of olive oil. Use this mixture over the sole of the foot, leaving a few spots unwrapped. Cover your feet with gauze to put the garlic in place and leave it on overnight. For a few people, it can get rid of a fever in simply one night.
Note: Garlic Remedies Are not Suggested for Pregnant Ladies and Children.
There are multiple ways to get rid of fever. These home remedies for fever are helpful to increase comfort levels during a fever and a perfect way to relief the afflicted without any medicine or drugs.
However, if you have a fever that exceeds 104 degrees F or 40 degrees C, this can become very harmful. During such a condition, you should immediately visit a doctor.
Apple Cider VinegarApple cider vinegar is very economical and a highly effective remedy for a fever. It helps in reducing fever rapidly because the presence of acid in it helps draw heat out of the skin. Plus, it is affluent with minerals and helps to fill minerals that get eliminated from the body caused by fever.
Insert half cup of vinegar to lukewarm water. Steep in this water for 5-10 minutes, After 20 minutes you will see improvement. Do it again when the body temperature is elevated.
Steep a washcloth in a solution of one part of apple cider vinegar and two parts of cold water. Wring out the extra solution and put it on your tummy and forehead. You can even drape one around the soles of your feet. Once the washcloth gets warm, change it with another one soaked in the cold solution. Do it as often as needed until the fever has declined.
Add two spoons of apple cider vinegar and one spoon of honey in a glass of water. Take it two or three times in a day.
Follow the above Home remedies for fever properly and get a quick relief.