Well-groomed feet are the most important part of the body. Your feet reflect how well you look after yourselves. As they carry your weight for all time, so it is must to keep your feet healthy from dirt, dusts which make them look dull and unhealthy.
Especially in the summer season as they are exposed to dust and dirt spending a little time at home to do pedicure will help your feet look clean.
People spend a lot of time and money focusing in grooming their face, but don’t forget to indulge your feet in your beauty. As it is the reflection of your personality. The best way to look after your feet is by doing pedicure.
Pedicure in salon is effective but it’s very costly. Here are some tips recommended to do pedicure at home without going salon. Doing pedicure at home enhance your overall beauty and personality.
Follow these simple and easy steps mentioned below how to do pedicure at home for pretty and stunning overall look.
Steps for Pedicure
- Prep Your Nails
- Soak Your Feet
- Scrub Your Feet
- Moisturize Your Feet
- A Tub Of Warm Water
- Epsom salt
- A Good Foot Scrub
- Nail Clippers
- Cuticle Pusher
- Nail File
- Pumice Stone
- Nail Scrubber
- Cuticle Cream
- A Clean Towel
- Nail Color Remover
How to Do a Pedicure At Home
Benefits of Pedicure
- It helps in clearing corns, bunions and fungal infections at an early stage.
- Regular Pedicure decreases the chances of infections caused by dirty removing bacteria.
- A pedicure consists of three most important processes of soaking, massaging and moisturizing which helps in moisturizing feet.
- It helps in removal of dead skin or exfoliates and gives a healthy look to the feet.
- Pedicure promotes circulation of blood and gives relief from tension and pain.
Step 1: Prep Your NailsThe first and the foremost step required is to remove the old applied nail paint by using the nail remover. After removing the nail paint trim and shape your nails, cut the nails carefully leaving corners too much as it leads to painful ingrown nails. Soak the foot in water for 15 minute and the by using nail filer, file your nails according to your desire shape- Square, round or oval.
Step 2: Soak Your FeetThis is the second and the most relaxing step in the procedure. Soaking your feet in warm, fragrant water is extremely a great way to relax the stressful week.
Soak your feet in a tub fill with warm water, add half a cup of Epsom salt to the water covering your ankle. This will help in smoothening the skin and will reduce the pain and roughness, it works as an exfoliate. Also add lemon juice and essential oil in the tub. Adding a few drops of it gives a spa treatment to your feet.
Now gently massage your feet for 20 minutes then soak the feet in tub and relax for 15-20 min. Make your feet dry with the help of towel. It acts as a perfect stress buster.
Step3: Scrub Your FeetDoing Pedicure at home requires less efforts with maximum results. Once you are done with the soaking, after drying your feet. Apply the cuticle cream on toe and nail. Leave it for 10 minutes in order to soften the dead skin. Meanwhile, scrub the feet using the foot scrubber in order to remove all the dry and dead skin cells gently using pumice stone.
Now the next step is to wipe off the cuticle cream. Push back the cuticles, using cuticle pusher. Use Scrubber to scrub your nail. Quickly wipe your feet with a towel.
If you don’t have these tools, you can also prepare them at home. Here is a list of things you will require.
- 3 Tbsps. – Olive Oil / Almond Oil
- 1 Tbsp. – Coconut Oil
- 1 Tbsp. – Glycerin
- Heat 3 tablespoon of olive oil in the microwave.
- Add 1 tablespoon of coconut oil and glycerin.
- Your cuticle cream is all ready. Cool it and store in the bottle. Store the cream in a cool place in order to use it for long time.
Homemade ScrubIt’s very easy to prepare the home made scrub.
- 2 Tbsps. – Brown Sugar or Normal sugar
- 1 Tbsp. – Honey
- 2 Tbsps. – Oatmeal Powder
- 1 Tbsp. – Lemon Juice
- 1 Tsp. – Olive Oil
- Mix together - oatmeal, sugar, lemon juice and honey in a bowl.
- Add few drop of olive oil to this mixture and use as a scrubber.
Step 4: Moisturize Your FeetAfter scrubbing it’s time to moisturize the feet. Apply the moisturizer to your feet that helps to soften and hydrate the skin and protect your feet from unwanted cracking of feet’s. Regular use of moisturizer massage will enhance blood circulation and nourishes the skin and muscles.
Step 5: Adding Beauty to Your FeetThis is the last step of your pedicure process. Now, it’s time for applying a nail colour of your choice. Always apply the base coat. Let it dry completely and then apply another coat for the perfect look. You can also wear anklet and rings in your thumb for enhancing the beauty of the feet.
Use these tips regularly and let your pretty feet’s jazz.
- If you don’t have time to go through the entire scrubbing process regularly, you can scrub your feet twice a week with the pumice stone to clear off the dead skin.
- Avoid nail paint all the time as it damages your nails.
- If you notice any infection or blackening on your nails, consult your doctor immediately.